Unanswered: Tables in Database window not showing

Access 2000 running on Windows 2000 Professional. All was fine for a while and all of a sudden I cannot see the Tables or Queries. From what I can see nothing has changed. No permissions have been granted or denied and I have tried it on other PCs with other OS and it is just the same. It also does not show any Queries in the database window either so it is just Tables and Queries that are the problem. Forms, Reports etc are all showing.
    If I click on Relationships it has all the Tables there but just not in the Database window. Also if I create a new table all is normal until I look for this in the Database window and this is also not showing.
    I have looked at an earlier version I was using in November and all is well on this one.
    I have also tried to create a new database and import all the tables from the one that is not working properly but once again they are not showing so I can't import them.
    Any ideas

What user are you logging in as? Do you have permission to read/write?

Originally posted by M Owen
    What user are you logging in as? Do you have permission to read/write?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have tried is as Administrator or user and it is still the same. I have got all permissions to read and write.
    Alan

Try this

Open your db. Click on the top of the toolbar....Select Tools.....Options....then Click on the View tab. Make sure that Hidden objects and System Objects ARE checked. It may be that the tables got selected to be hidden. This will allow them not to show in the db but be seen on the relationships form.

Let me know if this works. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try in the Access Menu Window/ Cascasde

Re: Try this

Originally posted by jmonroe
    Open your db. Click on the top of the toolbar....Select Tools.....Options....then Click on the View tab. Make sure that Hidden objects and System Objects ARE checked. It may be that the tables got selected to be hidden. This will allow them not to show in the db but be seen on the relationships form.

Let me know if this works. Thanks.
    Thanks Jeremy,
    I have tried this but unfortunately it does not make any difference.

Regards
    Alan

Post the DB

Are you willing or able to post the db? I can see if it does the same behavior for me. If it does, I can try and see what I can do.

Re: Post the DB

Are you willing or able to post the db? I can see if it does the same behavior for me. If it does, I can try and see what I can do.
    Yes I could send it to you but it is just over 6MB so I am not sure if this would work. Maybe I should copy it and delete some of the records to make it smaller.

Alan

Doesn't matter

If your ISP will allow you to send it, I can receive any size file. I host my own email and website so I have no limit on my exchange box as to how big my email can be.

Send to jeremymonroe@automatictelecom.net

Thanks.

Re: Doesn't matter

If your ISP will allow you to send it, I can receive any size file. I host my own email and website so I have no limit on my exchange box as to how big my email can be.

Send to jeremymonroe@automatictelecom.net

Thanks.
    I have also just tried it on Win 98 but still no luck so I will e-mail it to your address as above. I notice I cannot do this from this forum.

Cheers
    Alan

Invisible Tables

I have been looking at your database. I was wondering if this was a db that was split already and they backend db is elsewhere or not? I have everything wide open in Access on my machine as I usually do, and I still cannot seem to get the tables to display, however I do see them in the relationships report. I am sure that they will still show in the relationships report even when the db is split. Let me know if this is the case or not.

Thanks.

Re: Invisible Tables

I have been looking at your database. I was wondering if this was a db that was split already and they backend db is elsewhere or not? I have everything wide open in Access on my machine as I usually do, and I still cannot seem to get the tables to display, however I do see them in the relationships report. I am sure that they will still show in the relationships report even when the db is split. Let me know if this is the case or not.

Thanks.
    No this has never been split. I have used this for over a year and then one day after a normal close down the previous day, I needed to change something and noticed I could no longer see the Tables or Queries.
    You are experiencing exactly what I am seeing.

Alan

Talking Invisible Tables and Queries

I had the same problem happen with me -- the tables and queries were no longer visible, but the database was performing correctly and the forms, reports and macros were all visible.

I tried making them "unhidden", but that didn't make them visible again either.

So I decided to try to compact/repair the database to see what would happen, and what do you know -- my tables and queries are back!!

I don't know if somehow the database became corrupted, or if it just became too large, but either way everything is now visible again.

Yay!!!

same here

i've just had this happen and my file size is the same it was before 115M, just wondering, if there was ever a solution? I even tried the repair and fix on a copy, no files are hiddent, and no tables displayed.