Thread: MsSQL Software

Unanswered: MsSQL Software

is there any free web apps out there that can interface with an SQL Server in real time, like add, edit, delete, update and search the DB?

Re: MsSQL Software

Ummm yeah, any ideas?

There's always Query Analyzer, the free query tool that ships with MS-SQL Server. Free to use as long as the server you connect to is licensed.

If you're looking for a non-MS tool, just google 'SQL Query tool' and you'll find lots of stuff or check tucows.

Originally posted by loach
    There's always Query Analyzer, the free query tool that ships with MS-SQL Server. Free to use as long as the server you connect to is licensed.

If you're looking for a non-MS tool, just google 'SQL Query tool' and you'll find lots of stuff or check tucows.
    Thats not what I am talkin about, I dont want to find an SQL Query tool, I want a full GUI interface to control the DB. All the programs I found in google to view and export data. I dont want a program that just lets you control the DB via SQL statements alone...

I guess I don't really understand what you're looking for. What is it that you're looking for that Enterprise Manager does not do?

Ms SQL Software

Originally posted by sabastious
    Thats not what I am talkin about, I dont want to find an SQL Query tool, I want a full GUI interface to control the DB. All the programs I found in google to view and export data. I dont want a program that just lets you control the DB via SQL statements alone...
    Hello.

See if this help.... I have not tried it myself yet.

http://www.msde.biz/msdequery/download.htm

Arrow Re: MsSQL Software

Originally posted by sabastious
    is there any free web apps out there that can interface with an SQL Server in real time, like add, edit, delete, update and search the DB?
    myLittleAdmin : http://www.myLittleTools.net/mla_sql

This is a web-based GUI for MS Sql.

best regards

Provided Answers: 1
    You can link to your SQL Server database via a Microsoft Access database Access Data Project (.adp file extension) and control many things such as table, view, and procedure creation as well as data manipulation. It acts like a stripped down Enterprise Manager.

But again, why not just use Enterprise Manager?

blindman