Unanswered: DTS Package Errors

I have created several DTS packages that run if I execute them imidiatly, but error out if scheduled with the following error...

Executed as user: Domain\Username. DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 17 (11) Error string: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

Most likely it's that it doesn't have access to the drive...

You need to set DTS up so that when you manually run, it will find the same location on the server.

When you run, it runs under the context of your client, when scheduled it runs under the context of the agent id.

Make sure there is the same directory stucture on the server as you have (or vica versa) and make sure to copy the file there...
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Both are being run from the same server.

What user is the owner of the job. That user may not have rights to execute the DTS package. Also check who the owner of the DTS package is?

Already verified those and they are good.
    The error states which user it is using and it is the same user name that SQL agent is started with. and it has all needed privalges that I can see.

How did you create the job??? Did you right click the job and select schedule???

Yes

Is the server SQL 7??

No, it is SQL server 2000 Enterprise.

Connections in the package are good? Anything dynamic going on?? Did you get the error message from the job logs??

I get the same error on all my scheduled DTS jobs, including a test job I created that drops a test table. I find the error in the history of the job after it has run.

Sorry running out of ideas. Is the owner of the job SA?? not the sql agent

nope.

Can you log onto the machine that actually runs the package and execute the package from there? Turned out to be the trick for me -- if I executed from nearly anywhere else there was a DSN set up to map the DNS name to a connection. Just not on the box itself, so EM could execute the package anywhere but on the actual box. I know sounds odd, but it's true...