Unanswered: Oracle Standard Edition One and multi-processor system

Hi there,

We've recently acquired an Oracle Standard Edition One license to install on a single processor system that we'll receive this month. The problem is that our current testing system is multi-processor, and we're not allowed to disable one of them... Is it possible to run our Oracle license on this system? Thanks in advance,

Arménio Pinto

Arménio,

I would give your Oracle representative a call. Some licenses are based on processing power, which is double in the event of multi-processor systems, but other licenses are based on the number of seats...

So, give him/her a call would be my advice.

JoeB

Hi Armenio,
    In your post you mention that your "testing system" is multiprocessor. Is this the system you are using to test out the configuration before you install on the eventual production system? Oracle's licensing is properly lenient - nothing will fail to work because it happens to be on a multi-processor system. You can evaluate on your "testing system". If your eventual production system is multi-processor then you should see about updating your license. In the meantime everything should work.

Thank you! I guess that the best option is to call Oracle support. Best regards,

Arménio Pinto

AFAIK you don't even need a license for development/testing, only for production system ...

can anyone tell me how can I see if my ORACLE DB is using single processor or multiple processor?

standard edition will only use one processor to process even if you had 30 processors on the server, it would still only use one. You do not have a problem.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.