Thread: query analyzer

Unanswered: query analyzer

I would like to use the Query Analyzer to create a script that will prompt the user(dialog box) for a response in SQL Server 7.0. I found a post someone mentioned DBMS can return messages and using Query Analyzer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Provided Answers: 1
    Query analyzer should not be used as a user interface. If it is possible to string together a bunch of procedures to give the effect of prompting the user, it would certainly be reinventing the wheel. Use an interface such as Access, VB, or Crystal.

blindman

query analyzer

Originally posted by blindman
    Query analyzer should not be used as a user interface. If it is possible to string together a bunch of procedures to give the effect of prompting the user, it would certainly be reinventing the wheel. Use an interface such as Access, VB, or Crystal.

blindman
    How can I get a dialog box pop up to prompt the user for input in the Query Analyzer? In Access when one of the fields in the Where clause is not met a dialog window pops up and prompts the user enters a value for that field. For example: Select * From tbl1 Where field1 =ctrl1
    if ctr1 is null the dialog window pops up and user enters the value. Is there a way to create is effect? Does the Query Analyzer has such built in functions?

Thanks!!

Re: query analyzer

Originally posted by alicejwz
    How can I get a dialog box pop up to prompt the user for input in the Query Analyzer? In Access when one of the fields in the Where clause is not met a dialog window pops up and prompts the user enters a value for that field. For example: Select * From tbl1 Where field1 =ctrl1
    if ctr1 is null the dialog window pops up and user enters the value. Is there a way to create is effect? Does the Query Analyzer has such built in functions?

Thanks!!
    MSSQL does not work that way.