Arrow Unanswered: Trying to sync a View instead Table (ppc)

I am working on a program for the Pocket PC platform, which will piggy-back on a helpdesk program which stores it data in an SQL server. I have no problems with getting information from the server, or any connectivity issues.

I have found that it is easy to synchronize an access .mdb file, or an ODBC Source to a .cdb file on the PPC. I have a data provider for the SQL database in question, and the "Import Database" function works fine; it pulls up a listing of all the tables and fields in the helpdesk database.

My problem is as follows. The table used to store the memo information is at least 20-30 megs. I only need a few key entries from that table. I also need to make the sync process as simple as possible (that's why i was looking into activesync), but there does not appear to be ANY way to import an SQL View, as opposed to a table.

SQL CE appears to be one possible solution, but we are running SQL 7, and the CE server tools require SQL 2000.

So, is there a way to trick activesync into sync'ing a VIEW instead of a table?

Do you have ANY OTHER ideas, which would be simple come time to sync?

Looking around, it seems that there is NO WAY to sync and SQL view.

Any ideas about how to grab a portion of a large SQL table and sync it to the PPC for use in an evb application would be great.

Originally posted by claylong
    Looking around, it seems that there is NO WAY to sync and SQL view.

Any ideas about how to grab a portion of a large SQL table and sync it to the PPC for use in an evb application would be great.
    If Access is more friendly, why you don't create an Access linked table with your SQL view?

Linked... not a bad idea. I am not familar with access, is there any special way to create this linked table? And, at which point does that linked tabled actually sync, or download, with the SQL server? On access, on open, save... I am unsure.

I will research this idea... Thanks.

I have looked into the possibility of Sync'ing a Linked Table through access, and it seems that the "Import Database" wizard in Activesync does not recognize Linked tables as valid when importing. So, this idea does not work...

Any other ideas?