I have a command that works and gives me totals and averages for the total of all "Shoes" in the cube.

SELECT {([Product].[BrandType].[Shoe])} ON ROWS, {([Time_3_Year].[Current],[Time_12_Month].[Total_Year],[Measures].[Shipped_Cases]),([Time_3_Year].[Current],[Time_12_Month].[Variance],[Measures].[Shipped_Cases]) } ON COLUMNS FROM Depletion_Cube WHERE ([S1].[All S1],[BMgr].[All BMgr])

but,
what I want to do is get the totals and averages for a --subset-- of all the "Shoes" in the cube. This subset would include only one or more "Shoe Brands." I tried the following, but get the error message "unable to open cellset. Formula error - duplicate dimensions across independent axis - when calculating a query axis."

SELECT {([Product].[BrandType].[Shoe])} ON ROWS, {([Time_3_Year].[Current],[Time_12_Month].[Total_Year],[Measures].[Shipped_Cases]),([Time_3_Year].[Current],[Time_12_Month].[YTD],[Measures].[Shipped_Cases]) } ON COLUMNS FROM Depletion_Cube WHERE ([S1].[All S1],[BMgr].[All BMgr],[Product].[Brand].[Nike],[Product].[Brand].[Converse])

I understand the message and this limitation; but would like to know if there is another way to achieve my goal. I've tried all sorts of other commands, but nothing seemed to work. This example best illustrates the goal of what I am trying to accomplish.