Unhappy Unanswered: ICE no more available ...why ?

Hi gurus,

Anybody can tell me why ICE of torolab stopped all sample tests of all IBM certification including DB2 udb ?

moreover can anybody help which is the new db2 certification preparation "sample test" web sites ....

pls provide the url ...

regards

Wink Self Test

Hi,

Indeed you are correct, what you have stated is 100% true and from what information I could gather browsing the related links, ICE is in the process of tying up with Self Test Software so we have to wait till what happens next.

Funny ain't it.

Nitin
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Re: Self Test

Nitin .. Do you think the sample tests will be charged when it goes with STS ?

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Red face No Idea

Hi Sathyaram,

Wish you a happy new year!!

I followed the link and browsed around those pages for sometime and eventually they leaded to the ICE Site.

Now as far as the Self Test Software is concerned i think that it is chargeable as the site does not offer anything for free and as of now there is no information posted about IBM exams and quite frankly IBM SITE also does not provide any exact pointers.

The Site address is http://www.selftestsoftware.com

We will have to wait and watch..

Cheers!!

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Angry

I suppose, IBM is changing its approach for every tests. They did the same with WebSphere! If you want to take a sample test for WebSphere Certification now, you must pay US$10,00.

:-(
    Rodney Krick

It sounds to me like IBM has eleminated the jobs needed to run the ICE and outsourced the funciton to someone else. I assume that the new site is funded by the customer instead of IBM.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

From the following link it seens that IBM intent is not to charge ...
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...ssessment.html

"IBM is pleased to announce the DB2 information management professional certification assessment exams will soon be hosted by Self Test Software. Our existing DB2 assessment exams will continue to be offered at no charge, regardless of the number of time taken. The assessment exams are expected to launch on Self Test Software in January 2004."

I asked the people from selftestsoftware, when the DB2 tests will be available. Here the answer:
    <snip>
    The implementation of the DB2 tests, for a number of reasons, has been slow at best. I wouldn’t bet on them being available at least until the end of February. The IBM web page should be updated within the next couple of days to reflect this. Sorry….

Best Regards,

Self Test Software
    www.selftestsoftware.com
    </snip>
    Rodney Krick

Are the DB2 Certification exams worth taking? If I got certified, does anyone know if the qualification would expire?

How valuable would it be if I need to look for a job in the database area?

Thanks in advance for your comment.

Certification

Hi,

Please search for certification in the DB2 Forum Search, and you will come across a bunch of posts along with a certification poll which I am sure will help you to resolve your issue and answer your query.

By the way certification does really help. Believe me.

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Re: Certification

The thread Nitin referred to

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=506787

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.