Unanswered: AutoInc -> Corrupt header/index...

I have found a problem in described below case:
    My application inserts a record with an autoincrement ID field; if i set db to insert state on two computers, after second Post () i get message 'Corrupt header / index'. I use BCBuilder, so it's convienent to set Insert on form open (show) and Post or Cancel on OK / Cancel buttons.
    I suppose, that the reason is, that dbms counts AutoInc ID value when i do 'insert'; and of course when i Post record, i get an error.
    My question is: is it possible to prevent such situation?
    And another question: luckily, i was able to repare db by Tutil; is it sure, that always i'll be able to repare that error?

Thank for any help

Best regards

Re: AutoInc -> Corrupt header/index...

Originally posted by posk
    I have found a problem in described below case:
    My application inserts a record with an autoincrement ID field; if i set db to insert state on two computers, after second Post () i get message 'Corrupt header / index'. I use BCBuilder, so it's convienent to set Insert on form open (show) and Post or Cancel on OK / Cancel buttons.
    I suppose, that the reason is, that dbms counts AutoInc ID value when i do 'insert'; and of course when i Post record, i get an error.
    My question is: is it possible to prevent such situation?
    And another question: luckily, i was able to repare db by Tutil; is it sure, that always i'll be able to repare that error?
    Check out ChimneySweep (see URL below)... but first, let's see why the problem might be occurring repeatedly. I think there's a configuration error on one or both computers.
    • In the BDE Configuration utility, make sure that LOCAL SHARE = TRUE.
    • Also make sure that the NET FILE DIR setting is right. It must point to a common, read/write directory separate from the database.
    • Do these changes on the server also if anyone logs on to that server and uses Paradox from there.
    • You may also need to disable "opportunistic locking" on the server... not as likely in this scenario, where the database is opened by more than one user already.

Paradox assigns the auto-increment value when you start to insert. If the values are being clobbered as you describe it's because the two computers aren't sharing the data correctly. These recommendations should help. This scenario should work flawlessly.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com