Unanswered: Help with Query/Report

Hello to all - hope you can help me.

I have created a query that reads from a table with a pass-through to a Sybase dB. I am trying to generate a report based on this query.

This financial data dealing with portfolio's.

When I set a criteria for portfolio 1234, the report is generated with no problems.

If I do not set a criteria for portfolio to 1234, the report requests a Portfolio Number (which I want to have happen). I type in 1234. The report generates a completely different report then the one I need.

I am trying to create ad-hoc reports for different client portfolios based on portfolio numbers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - tg

Question: why does the query ask you for the portfolio number? Have you set it as a parameter query or do you have an expression in the query that refers to Portfolio?

Regards - Andy

Originally posted by randycarpet
    Question: why does the query ask you for the portfolio number? Have you set it as a parameter query or do you have an expression in the query that refers to Portfolio?

Regards - Andy
    Andy - thanks for your reply.

I figured out the report (not the query) was asking me for a portfolio number before running the report because one of the Sorting and Groupings were not able to map to the appropriate query.

I have changed it and all is working good now.

Tg