Thread: Importing data.

Unanswered: Importing data.

Hi,

Is there any way to import all data from one database to another one.

I created a database which is being used and saved a copy for development and have now made refinements to the forms. I would now like to import all the data from the old one to the new one.

Is this possible or do I manually have to input the data to each of the tables?

Thanks

Parma

Re: Importing data.

Originally posted by Parma
    Hi,

Is there any way to import all data from one database to another one.

I created a database which is being used and saved a copy for development and have now made refinements to the forms. I would now like to import all the data from the old one to the new one.

Is this possible or do I manually have to input the data to each of the tables?

Thanks

Parma
    File -> Get External Data -> Select DB -> Select tables to import. Click OK.

Thanks,

Will this import the tables and their contents and overwrite the existing tables?

Originally posted by Parma
    Thanks,

Will this import the tables and their contents and overwrite the existing tables?
    It will import the tables, relationship(s) and contents. It WILL NOT overwrite any existing table with the same name. What it will do is as follows Ex:

You have a table called MyTable.

You import MyTable from database DB2 ...

Result:

You now have MyTable AND MyTable1.

Access will rename the imported table by appending a numerical sequence # to the end of the table name.