Angry Unanswered: Oracle ODBC and MSAccess

Im using MSAccess2002 and an Oracle ODBC Driver to put data into an Oracle Database (8.1.7). The problem is to fill a number field with digits after the comma (22,4). The Oracle ODBCdriver message is always wrong Number. It is also not possible to use a dot (22.4). In this case the Result is 224.
    Is there somebody with a good idea?

Re: Oracle ODBC and MSAccess

Originally posted by rama1709
    Im using MSAccess2002 and an Oracle ODBC Driver to put data into an Oracle Database (8.1.7). The problem is to fill a number field with digits after the comma (22,4). The Oracle ODBCdriver message is always wrong Number. It is also not possible to use a dot (22.4). In this case the Result is 224.
    Is there somebody with a good idea?
    When you create a field as NUMBER(22,4) you have made a numeric field which will hold 22 characters total, including a "decimal" and four digits to the right of whatever decimal sign is used in the national character set you are using. I think that's almost always a "." in the US and a "." or a "," everywhere else. Oracle should accept and pad or round to fit any number that isn't too big to fit in the field.
    If you just create the field as NUMBER and don't specify anything, Oracle will take just about any numeric value you give it.

I hope I answered the question you were asking! :->

Jim

Smile Good Idea

Hallo Jim, you understand my complicate question well. The inputs in a number field without specificated length and precission works.
    Thank you very much an sorry for my bad english.

Ralf