Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    524

    Angry Unanswered: Pgrogress Db and dictionnary

    I'm connecting to my first Progress database (on Windows) using Data Administration. I installed Progress DBEnterprise.
    Opening the Data Dictionary, I'm receiving the following msg :

    Information
    Note: Because of the version of PROGRESS you are using, the dictionary is in read-only mode.

    Any idea to byass this msg and upgrade my dico ?
    Which command line is it necessary to start my DB in multi-user mode ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lomza, POLAND
    Posts
    81

    Re: Pgrogress Db and dictionnary

    Originally posted by fadace
    I'm connecting to my first Progress database (on Windows) using Data Administration. I installed Progress DBEnterprise.
    Opening the Data Dictionary, I'm receiving the following msg :

    Information
    Note: Because of the version of PROGRESS you are using, the dictionary is in read-only mode.

    Any idea to byass this msg and upgrade my dico ?
    Which command line is it necessary to start my DB in multi-user mode ?
    Hi
    Could you give the number of this message?
    Regards
    Bogdan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    524

    Re: Pgrogress Db and dictionnary

    Originally posted by brbogdan
    Hi
    Could you give the number of this message?
    Regards
    Bogdan
    No number : only coming with a Windows box tryibng to open the dictionary

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lomza, POLAND
    Posts
    81

    Re: Pgrogress Db and dictionnary

    Originally posted by fadace
    No number : only coming with a Windows box tryibng to open the dictionary
    Hi again
    You are probably using run-time licence instead of the development one. Install ProVision for example. You should also check if there is -rg or -rr parameter in your *.pf file - this also can cause your problem.
    Regards
    Bogdan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •