Unanswered: Access relationships

I am trying to make a dispatch program for my volunteer ambulance corp. What im making is looks pretty good, but im having problems. I have abosolutley no concept on relationships... one to one one to many etc. , can anyone explain this to me.

Re: Access relationships

First of all you should check out an example database and try and get a feel for relationships from that, as it will make more sense with a real example.

Aside from that heres a brief explanation.

One to One: Student --> ClassSeat (One student may only have one seat, and one seat may only have one student. This excludes the off chance of siamese twins or in class indecency)

One to Many: Student --> Grade or Year Level (One student may only be at one year level, i.e. Year 10 or 10th Grade. However one year level can have many students.)

Many to Many: Student --> Teacher (One student can have many teachers and one teacher can have many students.)

Many to many relationships aren't directly implemented in MS Access. It is done by adding another table that has a one to many relationship with both student and teacher, thus linking many students to many teachers.

Hope this helped.

yes thank you, thats the best example iv read yet,
    thanks again