Unanswered: Joining all tables in an Access DB

Hi,

I'm at the end of my thread with VBA etc!! I have a database with many tables (over 2000). I need to combine all of these tables into one single table ("Main"). They are all in the same format and layout.

I tried to do a loop in VBA using the system objects table for a listing to loop through, but failed miserably.

Can anyone help me with this, whether it be in VBA in Access or even in a SQL query in Access. I would love to see it done in SQL, but at the moment any solution will do!

Thanks in anticipation

Gwolfe

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Joining all tables in an Access DB

Originally posted by Gwolfe28
    Hi,

I'm at the end of my thread with VBA etc!! I have a database with many tables (over 2000). I need to combine all of these tables into one single table ("Main"). They are all in the same format and layout.

I tried to do a loop in VBA using the system objects table for a listing to loop through, but failed miserably.

Can anyone help me with this, whether it be in VBA in Access or even in a SQL query in Access. I would love to see it done in SQL, but at the moment any solution will do!

Thanks in anticipation

Gwolfe
    Try these steps
    * Copy any table of your 2000 tables, and call that table [Main]

* Delete the content of that table i.e Table [Main] is empty

* Make a For each Loop to go through the table of definintion making an Append Query [Insert INOT]

now it should be in that form:

For each ttable in yourTableDefinintion
       ff="INSERT INTO MAIN SELECT [" & ttable & "].* FROM [" & ttable & "];"
       docmd.RunSQL(ff)
    next

P.S You should declare the variables lie ff and ttable etc.