I am using Oracle 7 in Unix 2.0 O.S.
Now I want to use this Oracle as Back -End and want to access from a Window Clients wich will use VB or Other as Front End. I know that there is needed of one Oracle Client Application to be installed in the Win M/C.
Is it downlodable for Oracle 7 and if so pls. guide me?
Moreover what are the configuartions has to be done in Unix Server ?
1. Meet System Hardware Requirements
2. Meet Operating System Version Requirements
3. Meet system software requirements for each Oracle Product
4. Determine if you have sufficient disk space and memory
5. Tune the UNIX kernel parameters
6. Create the Oracle Flexible Architecture (ORACLE_BASE) directories
7. Verify file and directory permissions