Unanswered: Few ?'s about access

I am trying to determine if access will be the right database for a logistics company. How many entries(records) can access hold? Can multiple people access the same database and manipulate data at the same time? How? Once im done creating the database, do i put it on the server then put shortcuts to the database on the client computers? Should i look into using SQL server and creating a access project??

any help would be great!! thanx

How many entries(records) can access hold?

-Max size of mdb file: 2 GBytes. But, as you must use Back-end and front-ends, there is no problem.
    For instance, u may have 2 back-ends of 2 GBytes each

From access help, you may have up to 255 users (Of course, the hardware will limit this number)

Can multiple people access the same database and manipulate data at the same time? How?
    -Yes, multiple users can access database. U have to place the back-end in server, and the front-ends (FE) in the clients.

Once im done creating the database, do i put it on the server then put shortcuts to the database on the client computers?

-See the last answer

My own experience:

Ive already managed a Zip Code databased with, about 250 Mbytes, 10 clients, with no problems.

If u need more information, call me and Ill try to help

Bye
    My environment: Windows XP/ Access 2000 - Using Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library