Unanswered: Mulitple Recordsets

I have a form that needs to run SELECT queries on other tables besides the table that is it's recordSource. I have been using the me.recordset & me.recordsetclone var and has been working nice. I can't use it for other tables though without switching the record source. Is there a way to use these when I need data from a different table or record source via a control or var?

Here are a couple of ways I think I could solve my initial prob, but I would rather use something along the lines of me.recordset or me.recordsetclone if possible.

1. I could make a new recordset var and open a connection to the tables I need to run the queries on. If I don't have to I'd don't want to deal with connections, but I can.

2. Make an invisible listbox and change the rowSource to whatever query I want and then check the contents of the listbox. Seems clunky to me.

What I want is something that I can run different dynamic queries with. Mainly I'll run a select query and see if any results return, that is all.

Hopefully I explained this well, thanks for any help.

Look ar createing a recordset in code using DAO or ADO

I have attached a sample DB of my the show how to use either

You will need to add reference libraries to your code to use these

Attached Files Attached Files

Looks good, Thank you.