Lightbulb Unanswered: start jisql on Windows 2000

Hello, I had problem for using jisql. When I double click "jisql", the command windows flicker per sec and then disappear. "jisql" doesn't start at all. I tried to solve it, like reinstalling; checking the enviornment path. None of them helps. Is there someone who knows this problems? And there isn't "uninstall sybase" item shown after I installed Sybase 12.5 client on Windows 2000.

Thanks very much,
    Emily

Hi Emily,

Are you double clicking the bat file? Try to run it from command line and you will see what error it is. Most probably, you are missing an environment variable.

Thanks,
    Vishi

Hi Vishi,
    Thanks for reply. I run jisql from command line and got the following error:
    If you use jConnect 4.x, set JDBC_HOME to the directory where jConnect 4.x is installed. If you use jConnect 5.x, add \classes\jconn2.jar to your CLASSPATH.

How could I know I use jConnect 4.x or JConnect 5.x. I found both of folders under Sybase directory.
    And which java version does Sybase 12.5 client work? When I run "java -version" from command line. It says "jdk1.3.1_01'. But I installed j2sdk1.4.1 on the computer. May it cause the problem?
    Thanks very much!

Emily

Hi Emily,

Sybase 12.5 uses jConnect-5_5. There is one document in the site which talks about setting up jisql, but its not complete. Just do a search on the Sybase site and you should be able to find it.

I kept fixing the errors and it worked for me.

It should be JAVA_HOME instead of JDBC_HOME.

My JAVA_HOME points to c:\sybase\Shared\Sun\jdk122

Heres my CLASSPATH. Hope it helps.

c:\sybase\jConnect-5_5\classes\jconn2.jar;c:\sybase\jutils-2_0\jisql.jar;c:\sybase\Sybase Central 3.2\java\swingall.jar;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5\html\classes;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5\java\classes;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\Sun\jdk118\lib\classes.zip;C:\ Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\classes.zip;.;C:\ Program Files\Sybase\Shared\Sun\jdk118\lib\classes.zip