Unanswered: Getting .tif files to display in acess 97

I am trying to get a .tiff file to display on your Access form as an images. I am having the problem of displaying .tiff on my form. When I use .jpg or .gif the images displays but I can't get .tif to display like a image. All I get in the box where the image is suppose to display is the file name of the image. I am using access 97.

i guess you use the image control? you need to install the tif inport filter in office to be able to display these.

I installed office 97 pro. I know you need the filter to display jpg and gif. They display fine but not tif. Is there a seperate filter for tifs. If so can you instruct me on how to install that?

Is it a multi-page TIF?
    If not you will probably get this solved faster by converting it to JPG first.
    If not, I don't know. It sounds like it will be problematic at best.

I have seen some web application use a separate JPG for each page ... tif can be problematic ... there may be something out there, though.
    My two cents.
    Mark

Actually this is not a web page. It is a access form. For some reason we been scanning our papers in .tifs. Now it's kinda too late to convert them over to jpg. I have office 2000 pro loaded on my computer. I read in the help file that I need to install additional package filter for it to work with jpg, gif, and tif. It works fine with the first 2 but why not tifs? Thanx

I don't know the technical reasons for it, but whether it is an access form or a web page TIF format is probably going to be harder to work with. There tends to be more support built into various software apps for JPG and GIF

TIFS are mainly best for documents and if some of them are > 1 page then TIF will probably be your best option, though PDF would be another good one.