Unanswered: Using information from different tables in single field a query

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Ihave a database with multiple table but for what I need help with I only need three.

table 1 - field = branch
    table 2 - field = branch
    table 3 - field = dateadded

what I need to do is run a query where if the dateadded is before 01/01/04 then it will take branch data from table 1, if it's after 01/01/04 then it will take data from table 2.

I've tried a few methods but none have worked. I think it might be a union query or something like that but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Based on the assumption that you have a way to tie table three to one and two The following query will get you going in the right direction

SELECT TableThree.DateAdded, IIf([TableOne.Branch] Is Null,[TableTwo.Branch],[TableOne.Branch]) AS BranchData
    FROM TableTwo RIGHT JOIN (TableOne RIGHT JOIN TableThree ON TableOne.Branch = TableThree.Branch) ON TableTwo.Branch = TableThree.Branch
    ORDER BY TableThree.DateAdded;

TableOne
    Field -> Branch
    South
    West

TableTwo
    Field -> Branch
    East
    North

TableTHree
    Fields -> Branch | DateAdded
    East | 1/5/2004
    North | 1/1/2004
    South | 12/31/2003
    West | 2/2/1989

Results
    Fields -> DateAdded | BranchData
    2/2/1989 | West
    12/31/2003 | South
    1/1/2004 | North
    1/5/2004 | East

S-

Provided Answers: 1
    This sounds like you don't have normalized data. If you have two identicle tables which you are pulling information from based on a date field in yet another table, is there a reason you wouldn't combine all the information into one table and include a dateadded field?

Yeah, unfortunately, we need to maintain the previous branch structure in all the reports we run. Which is why I thought a 2nd table would be the best way to maintain the old data but incorprate the new data as well.