Unanswered: Default Value Question?

I am setting up a form that will run through 95 existing records. There are various questions associated with each record, such as condition and operation status. For each question of condition I specified a combo box with a value list with "Good";"Fair";"Poor". For each question of operation status I have a Yes/No with a check box.

Each year these 95 records are ran through and the questions are entered. To save time is there a way that each question of condition have a default answer of Good, and for each Yes/No question to have a default answer of yes.

I see you can specify a default value in the design view of a table but that only enters the specified default value for new records entered.

I have very minimal experience with any database program and minimal experience writing code, so hopefully this can be done with a simple control or simple code.

thanks in advance

I'm assuming you have combos and check-boxes on a form but I'm not clear how you record the data: do the values from the questions get saved to a new table each time or are they appended to the same table?

Have you considered setting the default values of your controls on your form?

Regards - Andy

The new values are appended to the table each time (year). I tried to set the default value on the form but still didn't have any luck.

Originally posted by rkwrthy
    The new values are appended to the table each time (year). I tried to set the default value on the form but still didn't have any luck.
    Howdy:

I think this solution will work:

You need to unbind your checkbox and combo controls from the underlying table. Then set your default values in the properties section of each control. Your append query should update the table.
    Cheers,
    Ken

How Would I go about unbinding the checkbox and combobox controls from the table?

Originally posted by rkwrthy
    How Would I go about unbinding the checkbox and combobox controls from the table?
    For each control go to properties. Select the Data tab and make sure the ControlSource property is blank.
    Cheers,
    Ken

I unbound the control but now when a entry is changed, the whole column changes to the recent entry. I cannot select different conditions for different rows in the datasheet view.
    Last edited by rkwrthy; 01-08-04 at 17:03.