View Poll Results: connecting to Linked database from access to sql server

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • connecting to Linked database from access to sql server

0 0%
  • connecting to Linked database from access to sql server

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Question Unanswered: connecting to Linked database from access to sql server

Hi guys,
    I am trying to run a report from access macro which is a linked database to SQL SERVER. all the tables which are in access they are in sql server also. my question is i want to run the report from access Macro and i want to run it on the sql server. i am trying to establish the odbc connection in macro but i am getting the error "the Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query make sure that it exists and it is spelled correctly" is there any other way to solve this problem i appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Vamsy

Confused. If your database is linked to a sql server db, then you have linked tables in your access database.

If you have linked tables in your access database you may as well base your report on the linked tables in the access database and not bother connecting to sql server.

If that doesn't help, you could try www.connectionstrings.com for help on creating connection strings. Or you could look at DTS packages from SQL Server to Access - I use this for creating tables from SQL Server to Access when the data is too large or the report is significantly slower because of linked tables.

Hope this helps.

Regards - Andy