Red face Unanswered: displaying correct date range...

Hi,

I am building a database in access 2000 that looks at phone bill records. To generate a bill I just use a form with criteria on it including the phone number, customer name and start and end date then this is passed to a report that uses a query as it's source.

The stLinkCriteria of the OpenReport function looks something like this (sorry I don't have exact syntax but am just at work at the moment...)

stLinkCriteria = "[Customer Name] = '" & Me.CustomerName & "' AND [Unit Number] = '" & Me.UnitNumber & "' AND [date] between # " & Me.StartDate & "# AND " & Me.EndDate

So, this is all working fine however I need to show these start and end dates on the report that are specified on the form. The closest I can get to it at the moment is by using a =min([date]) and =max([date]) on some text boxes however this doesn't give a true reading as it only shows the date of the first and last call within the specified range from the form.

Is there a way of showing the actual dates specified in the form and stLinkCriteria on the report?

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

If the form is open when you run the report then you can reference the textbox values on the form and use them in your report.

Put some textboxes on your report; these will hold the start and end dates. Now use similar code the example below:

=Forms!formname!starttextboxname

=Forms!formname!endtextboxname

As long as the form that has the textboxes is open, the values from those boxes should appear in your report textboxes.

Regards - Andy

It works! Thanks heaps Andy, your a champ.

I knew there was a simple solution to this problem and it's been annoying me for a couple of days now so much appreciated man.

Cheers.

Glad to be of help.