I’ve got a legacy system that has an Oracle 7.x database with the following character set (US7ASCII) 7-bit.
Currently we purchased a new system with an Oracle 9i database and has the following character set (AR8ISO8859P6) 8-bit.

The problem came when I’ve tried to migrate some of the Arabic data from the database with the 7-bit character set to the database with 8-bit character set.
The Arabic character are shown as garbage… what I need to do is to convert from a character set to another.

Are there is any tool that I can use to do the conversion while the data are in a flat file.
Changing the character set at the database level is not possible since we are still in production with the legacy system.

Many thanks...