Unanswered: ORA-01031 and ORA-06512

Hi,
    I got the following privilege-problem :

I've got access to two -structurally identical - databases.
    I've written a package which works fine with one of the databases but returns an ORA-01031 and ORA-06512 error with the other before doing anything else.

The package-procedures don't change any data, just using cursors and %TYPE or %ROWTYPE -references to database-tables and to the dictionary table ALL_TAB_COLUMNS.

Our database administrator checked my Grants/roles/privileges for both databases and couldn't find any differences between the two of them.
    we are now totally at al loss.....

Does anybody has got a clue where else we might have to look in order to fix the problem ?

Thanx to you all,
    Susanne

Try this

Just try identifying if ur DBA has installed any of the patches which are not directly interested in Oracle but with Operating system.

I hope both the versions of oracle are same... I hope nothing is oboslete in either of versions

and more over please remember check whether package is valid ... I had this problem couple of months back... I am not able to recall how I fixed this ... I will try to source something for u
    Orababa@Kshema
    Cheers
    Keep things simple as world is already complex

Re: Try this

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by orababa@kshema
    Just try identifying if ur DBA has installed any of the patches which are not directly interested in Oracle but with Operating system.
    -- That's something I'll certainly do.

concerning the oracle versions :
    >-- the versions for both databases are the same (8.1.7.0.0).

concerning the validity:
    We use a database tool called 'toad' to write our procedures etc...toad declares the package as valid.

When I compile the package-procedures as stored procedures they run just fine.... it's something with the package that doesn't work...

Thanx a lot for your help!
    Susanne