Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5

    Unanswered: ORA-01031 and ORA-06512

    Hi,
    I got the following privilege-problem :

    I've got access to two -structurally identical - databases.
    I've written a package which works fine with one of the databases but returns an ORA-01031 and ORA-06512 error with the other before doing anything else.

    The package-procedures don't change any data, just using cursors and %TYPE or %ROWTYPE -references to database-tables and to the dictionary table ALL_TAB_COLUMNS.

    Our database administrator checked my Grants/roles/privileges for both databases and couldn't find any differences between the two of them.
    we are now totally at al loss.....

    Does anybody has got a clue where else we might have to look in order to fix the problem ?

    Thanx to you all,
    Susanne

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    51

    Try this

    Just try identifying if ur DBA has installed any of the patches which are not directly interested in Oracle but with Operating system.

    I hope both the versions of oracle are same... I hope nothing is oboslete in either of versions

    and more over please remember check whether package is valid ... I had this problem couple of months back... I am not able to recall how I fixed this ... I will try to source something for u
    Orababa@Kshema
    Cheers
    Keep things simple as world is already complex

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5

    Re: Try this

    [QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by orababa@kshema
    Just try identifying if ur DBA has installed any of the patches which are not directly interested in Oracle but with Operating system.
    -- That's something I'll certainly do.

    concerning the oracle versions :
    >-- the versions for both databases are the same (8.1.7.0.0).

    concerning the validity:
    We use a database tool called 'toad' to write our procedures etc...toad declares the package as valid.

    When I compile the package-procedures as stored procedures they run just fine.... it's something with the package that doesn't work...

    Thanx a lot for your help!
    Susanne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •