Hi everyone. I've run into a issues and Google thus far has not been my friend in helping me solve these questions. I'm using a the JDBC-ODBC bridge to connect to a MSAccess database (driver version: 4.00.6019.00). I have the ResultSet set to ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE & ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY. Here are the issues I'm having.

1) rs.getFetchSize(); does not return the correct size. It returns a value of 1 regardless of the actual ResultSet count. I'm thinking this is an Access limitation and I'm ok with that. I'm just looking for clarification on this.
2) I am using a routine to get the recordcount as follows:
try{
rs.beforeFirst();
rs.last();
int recordCount = rs.getRow()-1;
rs.beforeFirst();
return recordCount;
}
catch (SQLException e){
throw new SQLException(e);
}
This block of code works fine until I run a statement that includes a select distinct or a group by. When it tries to scroll through the resultset, it will return a record count equal to the number of records as if there were no group by/distinct clause. I don't know if this is an issue with the resultset type or if there is a cursor issue since you have to set client or server side cursors with ADO. I've searched on how to set a cursor for the resultset besides when you create the statement and haven't found much on it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Green