Unanswered: Calculations between currency and number??

Hi,

I need to perform some calculations between an item price ( currency format ) and a discount. Can the format of discount be 'general number' and be able to perform the correct calculations?? The formula i want to use is this:

extendedprice = itemprice * quantity * (1 - discount )

i think so, but i want to make sure....

thanks!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

There are 10 kinds of people, ones that understand digital, others that dont

Yes. "General Number" doesn't mean much ... What is the type of the discount?

I would like to use a %.

The user would enter 5 for a 5% discount. So far, i've built the form and put the textbox for curExtendedPrice in the footer with the Bafore_Update event filled with

=tblOrderDetails!curUnitRetail-((100-tblOrderDetails!intDiscount)/100)*tblOrderDetails!intQuantity

So far, it doesnt work, i get #Name? in the curExtendedPrice textbox

Thanks for the help!
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

Sorry, i realise that what i meant to say is that i want to use an integer, not a %........

my bad for not re-reading my post...
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud

I think i got it.....

Instead of using a table for the source data of the form, i'm using this query:

SELECT tblOrderDetails.intOrderID, tblProductInfo.intProductID, tblProductInfo.strProductName, tblProductInfo.curUnitRetail, tblOrderDetails.intQuantity, tblOrderDetails.intDiscount, CCur(tblProductInfo.curUnitRetail*[intQuantity]*(100-[intDiscount])/100) AS curExtendedPrice
    FROM tblProductInfo, tblOrderDetails
    ORDER BY tblOrderDetails.OrderID;

Now, the only thing i'm missing is a way to only display the records of 1 orderID at a time, preferably, the orderID displayed in the main form

Orderdetails is a subform on the Orders form.
    Cheers!

Mr.Crud