Question Unanswered: excel macro - to dedupe from another file

Hi

I am wanting to write an excel macro that will prompt to select an excel file, then import unique rows from the selected file into a new worksheet. The selected file contains multiple contact IDs that need to be grouped to display the contact only once in the new sheet.

I'm proficient in VBA coding in Access, but have not done any programming in excel. Any help to get me started would be much appreciated.

Thanks

NM

Re: excel macro - to dedupe from another file

Originally posted by zogdb
    Hi

I am wanting to write an excel macro that will prompt to select an excel file, then import unique rows from the selected file into a new worksheet. The selected file contains multiple contact IDs that need to be grouped to display the contact only once in the new sheet.
    <SNIP>
    Thanks

NM
    Hullo. One of the nice things about Excel is the Macro Recorder. What I'd recommend to start is: Open the file in question in Excel, then record yourself using an Advanced Filter to get unique Contact IDs, and import it to the tartet sheet. Turn off the recorder, and go look at the code produced. NOTE: Code from the macro recorder is sometimes a bit "wordy", and you may want to clean it up. But, as you're just starting, leave it as it is. Then, you'll need to add the snippet for asking for and opening a file. Glue these two things together, and you should be set!

HTH

P