Unanswered: UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv

Hi,

I am facing a problem with DB2 V7.2.3 Personal Edition. When I try to store an object, I get the following Exception:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException ....

caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv.
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv ...

what does it mean and how can I solve it?

thx,
    Dirk

Unsatisfied Link error

Hi,

I am getting this error as soon as i try to load the driver. I am using DB2 8.1 that is installed on an NT4 SP6 system. Previously i did not have this problem with 7.1. I had to reinstall my OS and then once i configured DB2 and ran the java program to get connection, it failed with this error.

ava.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.ja va:228)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver. java:118)
    at java.lang.Class.forName1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:142)
    at com.dc.elan.common.db.ConnectionManager.getConn(Co nnectionManager.java:82)

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv

Hi Dirk,

I did the following and the problem got solved.
    1) I removed all the DSN configurations that had been done for the datasource to the database.
    2) I was using the 7.1 version db2java.zip in my application and the latest version in my system was 8.1. Once I changed the application imports to reflect the 8.1 jar, the unsatisfied link error was gone.
    3) Following this i got a "no suitable driver". Once i changed my url to JDBC:db2ample, it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Jumani

Originally posted by db2_learner99
    Hi,

I am facing a problem with DB2 V7.2.3 Personal Edition. When I try to store an object, I get the following Exception:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException ....

caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv.
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv ...

what does it mean and how can I solve it?

thx,
    Dirk

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLAllocEnv

Originally posted by sanjum
    Hi Dirk,

I did the following and the problem got solved.
    1) I removed all the DSN configurations that had been done for the datasource to the database.
    2) I was using the 7.1 version db2java.zip in my application and the latest version in my system was 8.1. Once I changed the application imports to reflect the 8.1 jar, the unsatisfied link error was gone.
    3) Following this i got a "no suitable driver". Once i changed my url to JDBC:db2ample, it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Jumani
    Hi Jumani,

in my case the problem caused the use of two different db2 driver. You always have to use the same driver on the app and db2 side. I had a newer one for my app and that caused the exception. After copy it to the db2, it works.