Thread: Desktop problem

Unanswered: Desktop problem

i am not able to set 800*1200 resolution

is it monitor problem

why do you need to?

hi do you mean 800 x 600? and could you tell me why you think you need to use this particular resolution (if it exists). if you add a better graphics card you will be able to reach much higher resolutions. the instructions below are for xp you didn't give any details at all.

if you right click on the desktop and go to properties, then click on the settings tab. click advanced then go to the adapter tab. click list all modes and you will find the full list of settings your monitor can run with whatever your particular display adapter is.

you could try keying the make and model of your monitor into google, you should be able to get info on the range of resolutions you should expect to get with it. if you're unable to display any of the resolutions listed it's down to the graphics. if you have onboard graphics you could try upgrading to a pci or agp graphics card.
    let me know how you get on
    barry
    Last edited by bazzas100; 01-21-04 at 17:02.

Curious...

800x1200 certainly isn't a normal resolution. Its not even a widescreen resolution.

You only get 800x1200 when you attach a second monitor and have spanning enabled.

You *might* be able to get this resolution on a TV Out port. At least I could see it as possible for using it on a widescreen TV.

If you do mean 800x600 and you are stuck in 640x480, then its a simple driver issue. The manufacturer of your card should supply drivers via their web site.