Unanswered: number display in forms

I have some fields on forms set to display with two decimal points but when you enter the field to edit it you see the full double format of the table type (lots of numbers!)
    How can I prevent this so that when a user goes to change a field it just shows two decimal places?

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb Re: number display in forms

Originally posted by Greg Durward
    I have some fields on forms set to display with two decimal points but when you enter the field to edit it you see the full double format of the table type (lots of numbers!)
    How can I prevent this so that when a user goes to change a field it just shows two decimal places?
    Since ACCE$$ does not have Round function, make your own Round one to round the number after calculation.

Thanks but I don't see how to do this. The form field has a table field as a control. I can't put the round function as the control.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by Greg Durward
    Thanks but I don't see how to do this. The form field has a table field as a control. I can't put the round function as the control.
    No, but you can reference the round function and pass the value of the table field, dumping the result into a control.

Thanks - I guess I could figure out how to do that but it seems like a lot to accomplish a simple thing that must be a bother to lots of users. Or am I missing something. Is it reallythat complicated to keep a field on a form (which has a table field as a control) showing just two decimal places when a user clicks on it to edit it???