Unanswered: text box - copy/save

i have a text box and i'm copying some information there... Then i want to copy them to the related areas in my database... This is going to be some kind of Import process...

Example:
    Stock Now Buy Sale Daily-Diff.
    DOHOL 2,825 2,825 2,850 0.89
    GARAN 4,575 4,575 4,600 0.55
    ISCTR 5,800 5,750 5,800 0.87

I'm copying this information from internet to text box and what I want is when I press to save button this informaion will be saved in related fields in my Database.

Thanx in advance...
    Cuneyt

Provided Answers: 1

Re: text box - copy/save

Originally posted by cuneyt
    i have a text box and i'm copying some information there... Then i want to copy them to the related areas in my database... This is going to be some kind of Import process...

Example:
    Stock Now Buy Sale Daily-Diff.
    DOHOL 2,825 2,825 2,850 0.89
    GARAN 4,575 4,575 4,600 0.55
    ISCTR 5,800 5,750 5,800 0.87

I'm copying this information from internet to text box and what I want is when I press to save button this informaion will be saved in related fields in my Database.

Thanx in advance...
    Cuneyt
    Save these Informations or data in a .csv file then in the Acce$$ use the command DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , tableName2StoreTheImportedData, PathWhereYourCSVfileExists, True

in this case, it's copying all data to first column, is there a way to show it to use "blank" fields as seperator.

in this case, it's copying all data to first column, is there a way to show it to use "blank" fields as seperator.
    If your file was saved as Comma Separated Values, it should store every separated value in its corresponding field.

I think you have .csv of Excel. And, all the data are stored in the first cell, so try to store it as .txt [Dos Text]

Originally posted by hammbakka
    If your file was saved as Comma Separated Values, it should store every separated value in its corresponding field.

I think you have .csv of Excel. And, all the data are stored in the first cell, so try to store it as .txt [Dos Text]
    I forgot to say, yu can do that under Excel.

Good luck

i did but still same problem....

In excel it works but, i dont know why in excel when I copy 2.04 it converts to date and writes as 2 Apr... and it messes all up

that's why i wanna use .txt but unfornately it's tryin to import each line as one field.

i did but still same problem....

In excel it works but, i dont know why in excel when I copy 2.04 it converts to date and writes as 2 Apr... and it messes all up

that's why i wanna use .txt but unfornately it's tryin to import each line as one field.
    If you want you can you send your .csv file .

I am still here for 15 Minutes