Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    59

    Unanswered: text box - copy/save

    i have a text box and i'm copying some information there... Then i want to copy them to the related areas in my database... This is going to be some kind of Import process...

    Example:
    Stock Now Buy Sale Daily-Diff.
    DOHOL 2,825 2,825 2,850 0.89
    GARAN 4,575 4,575 4,600 0.55
    ISCTR 5,800 5,750 5,800 0.87

    I'm copying this information from internet to text box and what I want is when I press to save button this informaion will be saved in related fields in my Database.

    Thanx in advance...
    Cuneyt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1

    Re: text box - copy/save

    Originally posted by cuneyt
    i have a text box and i'm copying some information there... Then i want to copy them to the related areas in my database... This is going to be some kind of Import process...

    Example:
    Stock Now Buy Sale Daily-Diff.
    DOHOL 2,825 2,825 2,850 0.89
    GARAN 4,575 4,575 4,600 0.55
    ISCTR 5,800 5,750 5,800 0.87

    I'm copying this information from internet to text box and what I want is when I press to save button this informaion will be saved in related fields in my Database.

    Thanx in advance...
    Cuneyt
    Save these Informations or data in a .csv file then in the Acce$$ use the command DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, , tableName2StoreTheImportedData, PathWhereYourCSVfileExists, True

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    59
    in this case, it's copying all data to first column, is there a way to show it to use "blank" fields as seperator.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by cuneyt
    in this case, it's copying all data to first column, is there a way to show it to use "blank" fields as seperator.
    If your file was saved as Comma Separated Values, it should store every separated value in its corresponding field.

    I think you have .csv of Excel. And, all the data are stored in the first cell, so try to store it as .txt [Dos Text]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by hammbakka
    If your file was saved as Comma Separated Values, it should store every separated value in its corresponding field.

    I think you have .csv of Excel. And, all the data are stored in the first cell, so try to store it as .txt [Dos Text]
    I forgot to say, yu can do that under Excel.

    Good luck

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    59
    i did but still same problem....

    In excel it works but, i dont know why in excel when I copy 2.04 it converts to date and writes as 2 Apr... and it messes all up

    that's why i wanna use .txt but unfornately it's tryin to import each line as one field.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    1,969
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by cuneyt
    i did but still same problem....

    In excel it works but, i dont know why in excel when I copy 2.04 it converts to date and writes as 2 Apr... and it messes all up

    that's why i wanna use .txt but unfornately it's tryin to import each line as one field.
    If you want you can you send your .csv file .

    I am still here for 15 Minutes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •