Unanswered: Restore Database / Credentials Error

Hi,

i want to restore a database. therefor i issued the following command:

RESTORE DATABASE TCI FROM "D:\DB2IMP\backup\db2\" TAKEN AT 20040109015232 TO "D:" INTO TCI_0109 WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 PARALLELISM 1 WITHOUT PROMPTING;

I got this error:
    SQL3282N The supplied credentials are not valid.
    Explanation: Either or both the distinguished name (DN) of the user and the password that were specified were not valid.

But i am logged in as DB2admin (my admin user) which should have all privileges available. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for hints...

Re: Restore Database / Credentials Error

Try something similar

RESTORE DATABASE SAMPLE FROM C:\\dev TAKEN AT 20040109163048 TO C: WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 WITHOUT PROMPTING
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Try something similar

RESTORE DATABASE SAMPLE FROM C:\\dev TAKEN AT 20040109163048 TO C: WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 WITHOUT PROMPTING
    You mean its because i want to restore into a new database? I will try it, btw the command was created by the RESTORE Wizard in the control center...

it worked... dont know why it wasnt ok before though...

Your restore command is correct. Looks like your ID does not belong to SYSADM or SYSCTRL privilege and it is not allowing you to restore to a new database. You might be having DBADM on the database.

If my assumption is not true then try the following command:
    Your restore command is correct. Looks like your ID does not belong to SYSADM or SYSCTRL privilege and it is not allowing you to restore to a new database. You might be having DBADM on the database.

db2 "RESTORE DATABASE TCI FROM 'D:\DB2IMP\backup\db2\' TAKEN AT 20040109015232 TO 'D:' INTO TCI_0109 WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 PARALLELISM 1 WITHOUT PROMPTING"

Originally posted by anil4321

db2 "RESTORE DATABASE TCI FROM 'D:\DB2IMP\backup\db2\' TAKEN AT 20040109015232 TO 'D:' INTO TCI_0109 WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024 PARALLELISM 1 WITHOUT PROMPTING"
    No, the privs were ok, i was logged in as Db2Admin, which is in the Windows Administrator Group and DB2 Var "SYSADM_GROUP" was NULL, so that it takes the Administrator Group from Win32.

What is the difference of your command from mine?