Question Unanswered: Add records to subform

Ok, In my Db I have a form frmPeople which has a subform subDept. The subform is used to assign the people to one or more departments. However, functionally, I do not want a "blank" field to be automatically inserted into the frmPeople!subDept. As it stand now the subDept form is a continous form which automatically inserts a new record when the previous one is completed. I would like to use a command button on the parent form titled cmdAddDept which would insert a new row for a new department assignment.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mr.Research

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Add records to subform

Originally posted by MrResearch
    Ok, In my Db I have a form frmPeople which has a subform subDept. The subform is used to assign the people to one or more departments. However, functionally, I do not want a "blank" field to be automatically inserted into the frmPeople!subDept. As it stand now the subDept form is a continous form which automatically inserts a new record when the previous one is completed. I would like to use a command button on the parent form titled cmdAddDept which would insert a new row for a new department assignment.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Mr.Research
    Lock and unlock the dataset. An unlocked dataset will always appear to have a new record added to the bottom of a continuous form.