Question Unanswered: MySQL stability on Windows 2000 Server

Hi folks,

I'm building an application that will be hosted on a W2k Server and I'll be using MySQL for the DB backend and Tomcat for the app server.

Total number of records will be around 10000 initially with a growth rate of around 500 per month.

I was wondering if anyone has setup MySQL on a W2k server. I'm especially interested in the stability and managability portion of it.

Thanks!

We have set-up MySQL on serveral W2K boxes w/o any problems in stability or management. For a free product it is very slick and easy to learn.

Thanks for the input. How many concurrent users are there accessing the database? What management software do you use to manage the MySQL installation?

Thanks.

On one application we have about 150+ people accessing the database at once. We use MySQL Control Center to manage the database. I am not sure what you mean by software to manage the install, we just installed it with Apache.

Originally posted by monsterhosting
    On one application we have about 150+ people accessing the database at once. We use MySQL Control Center to manage the database. I am not sure what you mean by software to manage the install, we just installed it with Apache.
    That info is perfect. My app will only have at max 10 pple accessing it concurrently. The management tool I referred to is basically MySQLCC or MySQLFront. Not sure if there are anything else out there.

Thanks for the info again!