Unanswered: Error running User-Level Security Wizard in Access 2000

I am trying to use the User-Level security wizard on my database and keep getting the following error when defining user names.

Microsoft Access
    The expression On Click you entered as the event Property setting produced the following error:
    Microsoft Access can’t move the focus to the Control tbUserName.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
    * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.

When I try to “finish” the wizard I get the following error:

Error ‘An unexpected error occurred while creating the workgroup file.’: The wizard can’t complete successfully.

I am wondering if the problem could be because I am storing all of my data in a seperate database and using the link tables option in Access to update/modify data.

Any suggestions???

Do you use any VBA code?

If so, make sure that the code compiles correctly. Within the VB editor, open the Debug menu, and select compile.

I think access tries to make sure all the VB code is compiled before running the wizard, and if you have any compile errors, the wizard bails with a cryptic error message.

Anyway, keep compiling & fixing errors until the compile menu option is greyed out. That's how you know when you've gotten rid of all the compile errors.