Unanswered: Need help with criteria in a report

My query has the following fields:

amount; taxamt; receiptamt and osamt which is calculated as amount+taxamt-receiptamt.

My problem is that my osamt can sometimes be $0.00 and I don't want it shown so I tried setting the criteria in the query for the osamt field to <>0 but I am still getting zeros displayed. Is there any way I can get $0.00 NOT to be displayed???

Have you tried using "Is Not Null" instead of using <>0. I find that usually works well for me. Hope this helps

Re: Need help with criteria in a report

I've had the same problem. The easiest solution I figured out was to just create another Query that pulls all the fields from the query you have already created (minus the <>0). Then in the new query put in <> 0 and then base you report on that.

I think access has a problem doing calculations and then also doing the If clause.

*My query has the following fields:

amount; taxamt; receiptamt and osamt which is calculated as amount+taxamt-receiptamt.

My problem is that my osamt can sometimes be $0.00 and I don't want it shown so I tried setting the criteria in the query for the osamt field to <>0 but I am still getting zeros displayed. Is there any way I can get $0.00 NOT to be displayed??? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I tried the "Is Not Null" in the criteria for the osamt field and encountered some errors. Do you have any other ideas?????

Re: Need help with criteria in a report

Tried your solution but still not working out. Any other suggestions???

Originally posted by bdooley23
    I've had the same problem. The easiest solution I figured out was to just create another Query that pulls all the fields from the query you have already created (minus the <>0). Then in the new query put in <> 0 and then base you report on that.

I think access has a problem doing calculations and then also doing the If clause.

*My query has the following fields:

My problem is that my osamt can sometimes be $0.00 and I don't want it shown so I tried setting the criteria in the query for the osamt field to <>0 but I am still getting zeros displayed. Is there any way I can get $0.00 NOT to be displayed???
    [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

can you post or email you database file?