Question Which application can open .MDF format file

I want to open a file of MDF, but i don't know which application can operate with those type of file, MS access can't open this file. Pls. help me.

mmlatt

Re: Which application can open .MDF format file

Check out the followin URL..hope this could be of any help. And regarding openin the .MDF file hope u know the file associated with it.

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=MDF

Cheers!!

An MDF file is a SQL database file. You need to use MS SQL to open it. To do this you need to attach the file/database to a specific server.

If you provide more information about you situation I'm sure someone more informed then me would be happy to leap in and help some more.

...and post your question on the SQL server forum.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Originally posted by rokslide
    An MDF file is a SQL database file. You need to use MS SQL to open it. To do this you need to attach the file/database to a specific server.

If you provide more information about you situation I'm sure someone more informed then me would be happy to leap in and help some more.
    The file I have to open contain a Concrete Batching plant's operation data.
    Our management wants to check those data to ensure every batches of the concrete was mixed according to their instruction.

Plant control software does not support to view/print overall data of the database. It only support to print out each batch, that's why I want to open/export those database file into Excel or Access.

Thanks for your help.

I work in an electronics manufacturing plant. We use CimBridge for the parts layout which uses .mdf for the extention. The file itself is clear text, but formated. Have you tried reading it with notepad?