Unanswered: Generating Monthly Report in MS ACCESS

Hi,

I am creating a database in MS ACCESS for data-entry of records, where the system should track the date of record entry. I am using the function date() to track the user entry date, which automatically saves the system date in short date format (12/24/2003) as soon as the user saves the record. I need help for generating of reports, I have a form where the user is given the check box to select the month for which he needs to pull up the details; suppose the user wants the details of the records entered in the month December, the system should display all the records entered between 12/01/2003 to 12/31/2003 in a report. Please help if this is possible in MS ACCESS.
    sahil

Check out the forum there are a lot of solutions for your problem.

Can someone help me in a detailed manner as I am unable to find answer in the form?
    sahil

Originally posted by raoof698
    Can someone help me in a detailed manner as I am unable to find answer in the form?
    Base your report on a query

Use the on exit of your form to open the report with a where clause.
    The where clause is something like "[date]="& me![name check box]
    for example

stLinkCriteria = "[issue_id]=" & Me![id]
    DoCmd.OpenReport Name, , , stLinkCriteria

2e option

In your querie there will be a field date or so.
    Put in the criteria the name of the form![name check box]
    make a button print report and on click docmd open report

Sorry for the trouble. I am new to this and would require your expertise to help me out in writing the query. Please note that I have the form "Batch Details" for saving the record entries in the table "Batch". I have a field "Entry_date" in the table "Batch" which tracks the date of user entry in the format MM/DD/YYYY. I have another form FrmDate where user has the combox box with the names of the months. Now my requirement is to generate a report displaying all the fields from the table "Batch" where the month is the one which the user selects. If the user selects "January", the report should pull up the all the fields where the Entry_date is between 1/1/2004 to 1/31/2004. I hope this is clear. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by raoof698; 01-14-04 at 22:17.
    sahil

Originally posted by raoof698
    Sorry for the trouble. I am new to this and would require your expertise to help me out in writing the query. Please note that I have the form "Batch Details" for saving the record entries in the table "Batch". I have a field "Entry_date" in the table "Batch" which tracks the date of user entry in the format MM/DD/YYYY. I have another form FrmDate where user has the combox box with the names of the months. Now my requirement is to generate a report displaying all the fields from the table "Batch" where the month is the one which the user selects. If the user selects "January", the report should pull up the all the fields where the Entry_date is between 1/1/2004 to 1/31/2004. I hope this is clear. Thanks for your help.
    Make query
    add table Batch
    select the fields by double click

type in the criteria for the field entry_date

form!frmdate!name check

Run query

a box will ask you to enter a value

let me if this works

Hey, it worked. Thank you very much for your help.
    It does ask for a parameter.

Thanks again
    sahil