Unanswered: 2 Combo box problem(cascading or linking or relating)

Hi I have 2 combo boxes, one is label CableType and the other is label ConnectorType. The problems im having is that im trying to link the combo boxes.

For example, I can choose a Cabletype from a table and within that table is another table that has a list of ConnectorID that is associated with the Cabletype, this 1st combo box i just want to display the Cable type.

With the 2nd combo box i want to display only the Connectors, this Connectors is also in a different table and within this table is also the ConnectoID.

Im having problems to get the 2nd combo box to work or maybe im just doing everything wrong please help me.

Thanxs in advance.

Re: 2 Combo box problem(cascading or linking or relating)

Originally posted by Genfuzion
    Hi I have 2 combo boxes, one is label CableType and the other is label ConnectorType. The problems im having is that im trying to link the combo boxes.

For example, I can choose a Cabletype from a table and within that table is another table that has a list of ConnectorID that is associated with the Cabletype, this 1st combo box i just want to display the Cable type.

With the 2nd combo box i want to display only the Connectors, this Connectors is also in a different table and within this table is also the ConnectoID.

Im having problems to get the 2nd combo box to work or maybe im just doing everything wrong please help me.

Thanxs in advance.
    Go to search --> type 'cascading combo'
    There is a topic 'cascading combos again' started by Jeff_Ford;
    There is an attachement included which might be helpfull, if not let us know.

Smile

Thanks artemide i'm going to try it out rite now.