Unanswered: Connecting to Sybase via odbc

Hello,

I have a unix server, with a Sybase database on it.
    When i type Dataserver -v, i get this message :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SQL Server/10.0.2.7/P/SCO/System V/386 R3.2 V4.2/EBF 6331 Rollup/OPT/Thu Jul 25 03:31:15 PDT 1996

Confidential property of Sybase, Inc.
    (c) Copyright Sybase Inc., 1987, 1996.
    All rights reserved.

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government
    is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR subparagraphs
    52.227-19(a)-(d) for civilian agency contracts and DFARS
    252.227-7013(c) (1) (ii) for Department of Defense contracts.
    Sybase reserves all unpublished rights under the copyright
    laws of the United States.
    Sybase, Inc. 6475 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i never used Sybase B4, i don't know which odbc drivers to use for this particular server.
    Of course, no Sybase CD is in here, so no chance to get the correct version easily.

Any idea ?

It's version 10. Very old. Now is 12.5
    I think you can go to sybase website and download a developer client copy. It's free. Inside got ODBC drivers

you think ODBC for 12.5 would work for 10 ? Or do you think ODBC for 10 are still downloadable ?

I just called sybase support. They told me that it was (of course) not anymore supported, so it was really difficult to find adequat ODBC drivers.

If anyone has any idea to make me able to connect to this database, make SQL queries, retrieve the datamodel... I'll be really happy

Originally posted by VsMetal
    I just called sybase support. They told me that it was (of course) not anymore supported, so it was really difficult to find adequat ODBC drivers.

If anyone has any idea to make me able to connect to this database, make SQL queries, retrieve the datamodel... I'll be really happy
    if you have an old version of powerdesigner or s-designer there was shipped an 3rd party odbc driver available to connect to sybase 10 ...

otherwise Ed Barlow offers a reverse engineering tool using nativ sybase ct/ds libs ...

and on the server there is isql the command line interface to sybase servers ...

Thx a lot, isql command line will do for the moment (i didn't know i could send queries directly on the unix computer).
    I'll try to go further afterwards.