Unanswered: Printing scripts

Can anybody tell me if I can retrieve the contents of a script in a field.
    I need to be able to search in my scripts and I'm sure there must be a solution that doesn't involve developer or analyzer.

Poor me bought analyzer without realising I needed developer 6 (grrr..). So I can't use it.
    Buying the previous version of analyzer that works without developer or buying developer 6 is too much for my budget right now.
    So I'm looking for an alternative.

Thankyou for reading and eventually answering my question.
    Michèle

PDF

It is possible to print the script to a PDF file and then copy all of the text and paste it into a field.

Sorry, if that doesn't work.

http://www.fmdeveloper.com

Re: PDF

Scripts are printable. In the script maker dialog there is a button "print". This will print out the script(s) you designate.

Originally posted by tscinc
    It is possible to print the script to a PDF file and then copy all of the text and paste it into a field.

Sorry, if that doesn't work.

http://www.fmdeveloper.com
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

Re: Printing scripts

Originally posted by MichèleW
    Can anybody tell me if I can retrieve the contents of a script in a field.
    I need to be able to search in my scripts and I'm sure there must be a solution that doesn't involve developer or analyzer.

Poor me bought analyzer without realising I needed developer 6 (grrr..). So I can't use it.
    Buying the previous version of analyzer that works without developer or buying developer 6 is too much for my budget right now.
    So I'm looking for an alternative.

Thankyou for reading and eventually answering my question.
    For what you paid for Analyzer, you could have bought FileMaker Developer on eBay. Since 5/5.5/6 share the same file type, so you don't need the newest version, unless your solution is already in FileMaker 7.

thanks,

Joe