Unanswered: Starting an MS Access database using cmd prompt

Hi.

I am wondering if there is a way of Starting an MS Access database file using the cmd prompt.

For example, I know it is possible to start MS Access by typing 'start msaccess' in the comd prompt. I was just wondering how (if possible) to open an existing file using this method?

Thanks.

I just typed the path to the file. Open the database for me.

Thanks, that worked.

My problem is that my file path contained spaces within the name of the access file and therefore wouldn't work.

Ta.

I have started naming my dtabase with underlines (ex. this_that.mdb) Seems to prevent these types of problems.

you should find the if the name contains spaces that enclosing the whole path in " " will work, e.g. "C:\mydbfolder\this is my db.mdb"

Regards - Andy

Re: Starting an MS Access database using cmd prompt

Originally posted by mattgreenuk
    For example, I know it is possible to start MS Access by typing 'start msaccess' in the comd prompt. I was just wondering how (if possible) to open an existing file using this method?
    Thanks.
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\msaccess.exe" "c:\My Documents\My db.mdb"

This works for db-s, projects.

You can use some switches like /excl (exclusive mode), /ro (read-only), these must be written after msaccess.exe, outside the quotes.

There are a lot more switches, these can be found in msaccess help file.

Originally posted by reallen
    I have started naming my dtabase with underlines (ex. this_that.mdb) Seems to prevent these types of problems.
    Thanks for the reply.