Unanswered: How to switch between form/datasheet view at run time

Hi

I am trying to write some VBA that will switch a sub form between a Form and Datasheet view.

You can use the DefaultView proeprty of a form to change what view the form is opened in. You can also use the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFormView (for example) on the form that has the focus to change the forms view to a Form view whilst the form is running. This is fine if you have a button on the form, but if the form is in datasheet view, you have no button!

Is there any VBA code that I can use on a parent form that can be used to switch the sub-form between form/datasheet?

Regards
    Justin

Re: How to switch between form/datasheet view at run time

Originally posted by justin_tighe
    Hi

I am trying to write some VBA that will switch a sub form between a Form and Datasheet view.

You can use the DefaultView proeprty of a form to change what view the form is opened in. You can also use the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFormView (for example) on the form that has the focus to change the forms view to a Form view whilst the form is running. This is fine if you have a button on the form, but if the form is in datasheet view, you have no button!

Is there any VBA code that I can use on a parent form that can be used to switch the sub-form between form/datasheet?

Regards
    Justin
    Justin,

The only thing that I can think you could do is set theDefaultView of the form and try a Refresh ... It might/might not work ...

Can't think of a way to do it but can suggest a work-around. Create another subform and interchange the visible properties of each form when the button on the parent form is clicked.

Does that help?

Regards - Andy