Red face Unanswered: Populating a Text Box - Continuous Form

Ok, I have a combo box that when selected displays column 2 of the selected row in an adjacent text box. (This cbox is on a continuous form) My problem arises from the fact that when I select a new valus from the cbox on the next row, the text box value from the first and second rows is changed to reflect the new selection.

Is there any way to lockin the value for the text box on each row as a new record is added.

My code is below for the combo box:

Private Sub cboDeptPersonID_AfterUpdate()

Me.txtDeptName = Me.cboDeptPersonID.Column(2, cboDeptPersonID.ListIndex)

End Sub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails involved.jpg  

Are both the combobox and textbox bound to fields?

No, only the Combo Box.

Originally posted by M Owen
    Are both the combobox and textbox bound to fields?

Originally posted by MrResearch
    No, only the Combo Box.
    That's why ... In order for the text box to retain unique values it needs to be bound to a table and field ... Otherwise with it being unbound, any assignment to it reflects on the entire column.

Do you have any suggestion on how I can accomplish this task?

That's why ... In order for the text box to retain unique values it needs to be bound to a table and field ... Otherwise with it being unbound, any assignment to it reflects on the entire column.

Do you have any suggestion on how I can accomplish this task?
    Nope. Question: You say:
    adjacent text box
    Is this textbox also on the continuous form? If so, then you're only hope is to bind the textbox ... It's just the nature of the beast ...

Is there any way to display More than 1 column in the combo box once the appropriate record has been selected?

Nope. Question: You say: Is this textbox also on the continuous form? If so, then you're only hope is to bind the textbox ... It's just the nature of the beast ...

Is there any way to display More than 1 column in the combo box once the appropriate record has been selected?
    There is another posting on this exact question ... Nope. You're only hope is to have both (or however many) items share 1 column ...

There is another posting on this exact question ... Nope. You're only hope is to have both (or however many) items share 1 column ...
    Out of curiosity:
    Would it be possible to create and populate a recordset, increment it accordingly and bind each record in the form to an "artificial" record in the recordset?

But then, if that would work, values would be lost at least when closing the db?, which is not desireable. But for a temporary or display/print-once-only solution or the like it could be done if it was not a problem that the values would be lost when closing it?