All of our users have the following Office components installed on their systems:
Now, we've starting moving all the machines up to Access 2000, but we have to keep the 97 installation intact "just in case." The problem we've run into, however, is that when we try to use the Mail Merge function in Word and try to use an Access database as the data source, it wants to open it as a 97 database. Does anyone know how to change that so it's looking for a 2000 database? Is that a registry change?
You are pushing your luck by having both on one machine. Both Access 97 and 2K are like sworn enemies to each other...!!!! You can try to check the options and setting for MS word. or try checking MSDN.
Tried that. I went through my file type associations and changed the path for every action of every file of type "Microsoft Access *" and it still didn't work. The database I'm using to test does not have any linked tables, but I did run through the good database and made sure that all the linked databases are in fact 2000 dbs. Sigh...
right hand click an mdb file select openwith - point to the msaccess.exe that represents acc2000, also make sure that macro, code, etc is not looking for an acccess 97 (v8 i believe object library or the office 8.0) I fso you may need to reference the office 9.0 object library