Unanswered: querying peoplesoft tables.

Hello Guys,
    I have a crazy question.I am new to peoplesoft.In the work environment I am working,we have a set of data in(standard tables)which are imported from peoplesoft to some database(db2) using ETL tools.I generally use MS-query to query the db2 database.I beleive we can query the peoplesoft tables as well as we do to db2,sql server ,oracle etc using the SQL.If thats the case can we cofigure such that MS-Query(or any query tool like TOAD Etc) can be used to query the peoplesoft tables?
    Thanks,
    Tim.

Re: querying peoplesoft tables.

All Editions of DB2 (except Personal Edition - including Express) can be accessed over ODBC ... If you use a tool which can be configured to access ODBC databases, then you can access db2 ...

Install db2 runtime client on admin client on your client box and then catalog the remote node and database ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by mark_tim1999
    Hello Guys,
    I have a crazy question.I am new to peoplesoft.In the work environment I am working,we have a set of data in(standard tables)which are imported from peoplesoft to some database(db2) using ETL tools.I generally use MS-query to query the db2 database.I beleive we can query the peoplesoft tables as well as we do to db2,sql server ,oracle etc using the SQL.If thats the case can we cofigure such that MS-Query(or any query tool like TOAD Etc) can be used to query the peoplesoft tables?
    Thanks,
    Tim.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: querying peoplesoft tables.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    All Editions of DB2 (except Personal Edition - including Express) can be accessed over ODBC ... If you use a tool which can be configured to access ODBC databases, then you can access db2 ...

Install db2 runtime client on admin client on your client box and then catalog the remote node and database ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Hello Satya,
    I am fine with that.My question was,can we do the same even Peoplesoft tables.My DB2 db is configured such that it can accessed thru MS-Query.Can people soft tables also be accessed thry MS-Query?Or is there any other tool to query Peoplesoft.
    Thanks,
    Tim.

As long as the tables are available in db2 database, you can access via ODBC. It doesn't matter whether it is peoplesoft or siebel,etc..