Unanswered: ODBCDirect DAO object as recordsource for report

I am trying to use DoCmd.OpenReport to open a report based on data in an ODBCDirect workspace. I have tried to specify an open querydef or recordset as the filter, no luck of course.

The report is set up to use an Access query as its recordsource, and I created a table behind that query with sample data to test it out. Now I want to hook up the report to the data I pull back with my ODBCDirect querydef.

Any clues?

Re: ODBCDirect DAO object as recordsource for report

Alright once again I found a solution myself. I did not know it but a guy can create a linked table from an ODBC data source by using the TransferDatabase method of the DoCmd object along with the constant acLink and the appropriate connect string. Then you set up your report to run from a query that pulls from this linked table and... viola.

Originally posted by bluebird
    I am trying to use DoCmd.OpenReport to open a report based on data in an ODBCDirect workspace. I have tried to specify an open querydef or recordset as the filter, no luck of course.

The report is set up to use an Access query as its recordsource, and I created a table behind that query with sample data to test it out. Now I want to hook up the report to the data I pull back with my ODBCDirect querydef.

Any clues?