Unanswered: Can't create table with Control Center in Remote Database

I've setup DB2 8.1 fp2 express on a W2K server, and have installed DB2 8.1 fp2 express on my XP client machine. I've created a new database on the server called test. In Control Center from the client, I'm able to catalog the test database. When I click on the Tables, Views, etc. folders, the actual tables, views, etc. are displayed correctly in the right hand pane. So communication seems to be working correctly.

My problem stems from when I try to create a new table (in the remote database from the client control center). I've looked through this forum and the DB2 documentation, and have been unable to find the solution to this problem. Here is the error message I receive when creating the new table:

Commands Attempted

CONNECT TO TEST;
    CREATE TABLE DTAYLOR.TESTTBL ( COL1 CHARACTER (10) ) ;
    CONNECT RESET;

SQL1001N "TEST;" is not a valid database name.

Explanation:

The syntax of the database name specified in the command is not
    valid. The database name must contain 1 to 8 characters and all
    the characters must be from the database manager base character
    set.

The command cannot be processed.

User Response:

Resubmit the command with the correct database name.

sqlcode : -1001

sqlstate : 2E000

This seems very strange to me as the database name is 4 characters. So there must be something else going on.

Something else I noticed is if I go to the command center, and try to connect to the test database by using "connect to test user dtaylor using ******". I connect to the database, and then am able to create the table by using "CREATE TABLE DTAYLOR.TESTTBL ( COL1 CHARACTER (10) ) ;". From command center, I tried to connect using just "connect to test", and received the following error "Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "17" ("UNSUPPORTED FUNCTION").". Any help will be greatly appreciated as I've been struggling with this for the last day and a half. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Re: Can't create table with Control Center in Remote Database

Looks like the semi-colon is not recognized as a delimiter ... Go to the command centre options and set ; as the delimiter

You get authorization error in the command centre because you do not give a user name and password whereas in command window you have said 'user userid using ****'

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Can't create table with Control Center in Remote Database

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Looks like the semi-colon is not recognized as a delimiter ... Go to the command centre options and set ; as the delimiter

You get authorization error in the command centre because you do not give a user name and password whereas in command window you have said 'user userid using ****'

HTH

Sathyaram
    Thanks for your help. I modified that option, and that works now. The main problem that I was having was trying to create/alter tables from control center. I didn't want to have to do everything manually. I've since solved the problem. I upgraded to FP4 on the server and client, and now I am able to create/alter tables using control center. Hopefully nobody else has to deal with this annoynance. Thanks again.

Dave